Lake Maggiore Day Trip From Milan
With our full-day trip, you will discover the beauty of the Lake Maggiore District, just 1.5 hour drive from Milan.
Surrounded by the majestic Alps, Lake Maggiore is home to some of Italy’s most impressive gardens.
You will visit the lovely Stresa on the shore of the lake, enjoy a panoramic cruise to the enchanting Borromean Islands, climb up Saint Carlo’s Borromeo’s statue and marvel at the beautiful Lombardy landscapes.
- Lake Maggiore day trip from Milan
- Duration: 11 hours. Departure from your hotel in Milan at 9,00 am. Arrival in Stresa at 10,30 am. Arrival in hotel at 7,30 pm.
- code: 011113
Total price € 440,00 for a trip by minivan within 7 people.
This is a personal trip by private car with driver for one group of clients only
- Round-trip transport from Milan
- Lake Maggiore, Stresa, Borromean Islands and Arona
- Visit of the lovely grand lakeside resort of Stresa
- Lake Maggiore ferry-boat cruise to the Borromean Islands from Stresa
- Visit to the huge Carlo Borromeo’s statue in Arona
- Stunning scenery featuring lakeside villas and gardens, and panoramic views of the mountain backdrops of the Alps
BOOK THIS TOUR NOW
Enjoy a wonderful journey to peaceful Lake Maggiore, the 2nd largest lake in Italy, world famous for its beautiful landscapes, mild climate, small villages and lush gardens.
We will pick you up at your hotel in Milan and drive you to Stresa, a grand lakeside resort.
You will have some free time to explore this quiet and fascinating little town, try some typical food or indulge in some shopping.
From Stresa, you will board for the cruise trip through the lake by ferry-boat (2 hours), crossing the Borromean Gulf with panoramic views along the way, to visit the Isole Borromee (Borromean Islands).
The Isole Borromee include Isola Bella (“Beautiful Island”), where you can visit the bucolic Borromeo Palace and Italian gardens, Isola Madre (“Mother Island”), where you will experience the scent of the exotic flowers in the elaborate gardens of the Borromean Palace, and Isola dei Pescatori (“Fishermen Island”), where you can lose yourself in its picturesque village lanes.
After the comeback by ferry-boat in Stresa, you will continue along the lake up to Arona to visit the huge statue of Saint Carlo Borromeo.
From Arona, you will be transferred back to Milan.
What’s Included in the Lake Maggiore Day Trip From Milan
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off in Milan
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan or coach
- Ferry-boat cruise ticket
What’s Not Included in the Lake Maggiore Day Trip From Milan
- Tour guide (on demand)
- Entrance fees
- Ferry-boat cruise ticket
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
More info on the Lake Maggiore day trip: info ticket
More pics of this tour: