Discover the romance of northern Italy lakes on this 7-day Northern Italy Lakes Tour from Milan!
Northern Italy Lakes Tour From Milan
Welcome to the Italian Lakes region!
From Lake Maggiore to Lake Como and Lake Garda you’ll be awe-struck by spectacular views of Alpine peaks and sparkling waters.
Discover the poetic beauty of the towns of the great Italian lakes in this amazing itinerary.
Lake Maggiore, Lake Como and Lake Garda are the best lakes in Italy, top touristic destinations full of art, history, culture and local food and wines.
You will also explore the cosmopolitan Milan, fashion capital of the world, the classy Como, the romantic Verona, city of Romeo and Juliet.
- 7 Days (6 nights)
- Individual or group tour
- Tour code: n. 042113
- Selected wonderful 4* hotels, transfers and 1st class hi-speed train tickets between cities or private car with driver for this tour
- Relax on the ferry cruises on Lake Como, Lake Garda and Lake Maggiore
- Admire the beautiful lakeside villas and gardens, and the breathtaking scenery and surroundings
- Spot Sir Richard Branson’s and George Clooney’s villas on the Lake Como coast
- Take the funicular to Brunate for sweeping views of Como
- Visit Catullo’s ancient Roman villa in Sirmione
- Admire the lush backdrop of Lake Garda and of the Borromean Islands
- Stand on Juliet’s balcony in Shakespeare’s romantic city of Verona
- Discover Milan’s highlights, including the Gothic Duomo, La Scala Theater, and the Quadrilatero fashion district
GET A QUOTE TODAY
- Starting from: € 1,290 (per person) from 6 person
- Starting from: € 1,395 (per person) up to 5 person
- Starting from: € 1,570 (per person) from 2 person
Cost may vary depending on dates chosen and any weekend, holiday and trade fair date surcharges. For a quote on your dates and number in your party please contact us.
Hotel on double occupancy.
Booking: (by money transfer) 30% in advance, 40% 30 days before departure, the balance a week before arrive in Italy or at the arrival by cash.
- Day 1 – Arrival in Milan – Free time
- Day 2 – Excursion to lake Como by private car with driver
- Day 3 – Milan – lake Maggiore (excursion)
- Day 4 – Milan – lake Garda tour – overnight
- Day 5 – Sirmione (lake Garda) – Depart to Verona – head back to Milan
- Day 6 – Visit The Last Supper of Leonardo da Vinci & Ancient Milan
- Day 7 – Milan, breakfast in hotel and head back to home
ALL OUR ITALY TOURS CAN BE CUSTOMIZED TO SUIT PARTICULAR REQUIREMENTS!
GET A QUOTE TODAY
Itinerary – Day by Day
DAY 1 – Arrival in Italy
- Arrive in Milan at Airport
- Transfer to Milan hotel by private car with driver
DAY 2 – Lake Como
- Breakfast in Milan Hotel.
- Excursion to lake Como by private car with driver
- Departure to Milan at 5,00 pm
On day 2 of this Northern Italy Lakes Tour, take in the stunning scenery of world-famous Lake Como, just a quick 1-hour drive away.
In the morning you will explore the fashionable lakeside town of Como, surrounded by snowcapped mountains and picturesque Mediterranean villas.
Como is one of the most beautiful cities of Italy, the ideal destination to spend an unforgettable day in contact with nature, culture, art and local traditions.
Many great poets and writers found themselves enchanted by the charming beauty of Como villas and gardens and fell in love with its fairy tale atmosphere.
Nowadays celebrities such as Sir Richard Branson and George Clooney have mansion-size plush villas along the coast and are common sights around the glamorous lake.
After the city visit, ride the funicular up to the town of Brunate, one of the best places to soak up a sweeping panorama of the city and the lake below.
In the afternoon enjoy a relaxing ferry-boat cruise around the breathtaking lake.
Admire the splendid lakeside villas, among them Villa d’Este at Cernobbio, a luxurious hotel with tropical gardens.
DAY 3 – Lake Maggiore
- Breakfast in Hotel
- Excursion to lake Maggiore by private car with driver
- Departure for Milan at 5,00 pm
Lake Maggiore is the second-largest lake in Italy and is surrounded by picturesque villages. It straddles the Piedmont and Lombardy regions, and is most famous for its gorgeous Borromean Islands.
It’s also been immortalised in American writer Ernest Hemingway’s novel ‘A Farewell To Arms’.
In day 3 of your Northern Italy Lake Tour, you will start your Lake Maggiore visit in the beautiful lakeside town of Stresa, where you will have free time to explore this quiet village, have a bite to eat or browse shops before heading out on the water on your boat cruise.
You will take in views of the scenic lake, backed by wooded hills and lush Mediterranean foliage, and visit the Borromean Islands: Isola Madre, Fishermens’ Island (Isola dei Pescatori), and Bella Island (Isola Bella) with its magnificent Borromean Palace.
You will have time to visit the palace and gardens on the island, or discover the many shops, boutiques and cafés housed in historic buildings.
While coming back, admire the splendid lakeside villas and lush gardens, sit back and relax.
You will continue the tour along the lake up to Arona to visit the huge statue of Saint Carlo Borromeo: a 23.4 meter massive bronze statue, erected between 1614 and 1698, that can be accessed by narrow stairs and ladders, allowing visitors to peer through the eyes and ears.
DAY 4 – Lake Garda, Ferry Boat
- Breakfast in Milan hotel
- Excursion to lake Garda by private car with driver
Lake Garda is Italy’s largest lake.
The beautiful lakeside towns around the lake have charmed foreign visitors for centuries. Even for the ancient Romans, the area was a luxury summer destination.
You will start your tour enjoying free time in the Alpine town of Desenzano del Garda.
Its ancient harbour, broad promenades and vibrant Piazza Matteotti and Piazza Malvezzi make for pleasant wanderings.
The tour of the Lake Garda will continue to Gardone Riviera and the Vittoriale, magnificent hillside estate of the famous poet Gabriele D’Annunzio.
In the afternoon you will visit Toscolano Maderno and enjoy a spectacular ferry-boat ride across the lake.
The ferry-ride is a pleasant and relaxing way to explore Lake Garda: just relax and enjoy the lake’s peaceful and serene surroundings and its spectacular views.
Overnight will be in Lazise, beautiful and picturesque lakeside village, or Sirmione.
DAY 5 – Lake Garda, Verona
- Breakfast in Lazise or Sirmione hotel
- Visit Sirmione on lake Garda.
- Early in the afternoon departure for Verona
- Departure for Milan
Sirmione, called the “pearl of the lake“, has a magic atmospheres which were already described in Catullus’ poems in 1st century BC.
The villa where Catullus lived, whose impressive remains you will visit in Sirmione, was the biggest Roman villa in Northern Italy.
Another attraction in Sirmione is the Scala Castle, a very unusual castle built over water, with its walls enclosing a small protected harbor. From its high walls and towers you will admire a beautiful panorama over Sirmione village and Lake Garda.
In the afternoon explore Shakespeare’s romantic city of Verona, which is a Unesco World Heritage Site and a cosmopolitan crossroads, especially in summer when the 2000-year-old Roman Arena hosts opera’s biggest names.
View the Roman Arena and Juliet’s balcony during your walking tour of the town.
Spend this afternoon exploring Verona at your own pace.
DAY 6 – Milan City Tour
- Breakfast in Milan Hotel
- Visit the most important sites of Milan (not guided) by walking and private car with driver
- Afternoon and evening at leisure
Enjoy breakfast and then relax on a sightseeing tour of Milan.
Our driver will show you the best districts and attractions of Milan.
You will admire Porta Venezia, the old neoclassical Porta Garibaldi city gate, the majestic Milan Central Station, the artsy quarter of Brera, the ultra-modern skyscrapers at Palazzo Lombardia (seat of the regional government), and the newly developed Porta Nuova area.
Porta Nuova hosts some of the city’s most striking high-rise buildings and avant-garde constructions such as the impressive Unicredit Tower, the tallest building in Italy, and the recent Diamond Tower, a 30-story diamond-shaped skyscraper.
You will also admire Leonardo da Vinci’s masterpiece, The Last Supper, in the church of Santa Maria delle Grazie, UNESCO World Heritage site.
Our ticket, included in the Northern Italy Lakes Tour, will allow to skip the usual very long queues.
In the afternoon you will have time to explore the city at your own pace.
You could discover the historic center of Milan and its beautiful highlights: Milan Cathedral in Piazza del Duomo, La Scala opera house (Teatro alla Scala), Sforza Castle and Basilica di Sant’Ambrogio.
Alternatively, if you love shopping and fashion head for Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II, a highlight of Italy’s fashion capital – and for the Quadrilatero, Milan’s most famed and fabled shopping district, which displays luxurious shops, courtyards, and palaces.
DAY 7 – Milan – End of vacation
- Breakfast in Hotel
- Free time
- Airport transfer to head back home
What’s Included in the Northern Italy Lakes Tour from Milan
- 5 nights in a 4* hotel in Milan
- 1 night in a 3*/4* hotel in Sirmione (or Lazise)
- All hotel transfers to/from railway station or airport
- All transportation during the excursions out of the city
- Excursion at Lake Maggiore
- Excursion at Lakes Como and boat trip
- Funicolar railway above lake Como
- Lake Garda tour
- Ferry boat tickets (lake Garda)
- Milan city tour (not guided) by private car and walk
- Breakfast daily at hotel
ALL DEPARTURES ARE GUARANTEED TO OPERATE
What’s Not Included in the Northern Italy Lakes Tour from Milan
- Flights to/from home city
- Meals if does not mentioned
- Travel insurance
- City Tax (€ 4 – 5 per day/ p.p.)
- All this is not mentioned in the program