Private day tour by car with driver
Discover Turin, in the Piedmont (Piemonte) region of Italy, with our Turin day trip from Milan. This city has a lot to offer. From its Baroque cafes and architecture to its arcaded shopping promenades and museums, Turin is a great city for wandering and exploring.
Turin Day Trip From Milan
Set against the backdrop of the Alps, Turin is a beautiful city that was the first capital of the Italian Kingdom back in 1861.
These days, it’s a city full of historic and artistic landmarks and sites including two UNESCO World Heritage sites, and well known as home of a number of important museums, theaters and cafes.
Often underrated, it’s one of the most elegant cities in Northern Italy, and it’s full of art, history, architectural and food treasures. Our Turin day trip from Milan will allow you to discover Turin’s hidden gems.
- Turin full day trip from Milan
- Duration: 12 hours
- Departure from your hotel in Milan at 8,00 am. Arrival in hotel in Milan at 8,00 pm
- code: 01613
- Total price € 490,00 for a trip by private minivan within 7 people.
- Total price € 450,00 for a trip by private car within 3 people
- This is a personal trip by private car with driver for one group of clients only.
- Round-trip transport from Milan by private minivan (or car on demand) with air conditioning
- Admire Turin’s Baroque, neoclassical and Art Nouveau architecture in the city’s historic centre
- Discover Turin’s food treasures, and its elegant and historic bars and cafes
- Visit the Mole Antonelliana, and take the panoramic lift climbing to the top of the Mole (167 mt), with 360° view of the city and the beautiful Alps surrounding it
- Enjoy the ferry-boat through the Po river (optional) and visit the castle and Parco del Valentino
After leaving Milan at 8,00 am, you will reach Turin in less than 2 hours by luxury minivan (or coach on demand).
Turin has an opulent past reflected in the elegance of Turin’s buildings in the city centre.
Around Piazza Castello, the grand city square in the heart of Turin, you will find glamorous shops and important museums, theaters and cafes.
You will have free time to wander and explore some of the landmarks, monuments and buildings that belong to the fascinating cultural heritage of Turin:
- the 16th-century Palazzo Reale, or Royal Palace of Turin, is a designated UNESCO World Heritage site that used to be the official residence of the Duke of Savoy.
- the Duomo di Turin (Cathedral of John the Baptist) hosts the world-famous Holy Shroud, commonly known as the Shroud of Turin, and said to be the cloth that covered Jesus in the tomb.
- the elegant Palazzo Madama is another UNESCO World Heritage site housing the Museum of Ancient Art.
During the tour, do not forget to pause at one of the city’s elegant cafes to taste some warming Bicerin, a hot drink made of chocolate, coffee and cream, or to try the dessert art of Turin’s pastry shops.
Turin is also known as the Chocolate City. There are endless chocolate-makers that roast and blend their own cacao beans. Foil-wrapped “gianduiotti”, with their distinctive chocolate-hazelnut flavor, were born in Turin.
You cannot miss the visit of the Mole Antonelliana, an exceptional display of art nouveau architecture. Turin’s tallest and most recognizable landmark, originally built as a synagogue, today it houses the National Museum of Cinema – the tallest museum in the world.
A glass elevator will bring you up to the top of the 167 mt tall tower, for a breathtaking, 360-degree view of Turin and the snow-covered Alps beyond.
Next, you will enjoy a lovely ferry-boat cruise through the Po river, and visit the Valentine Castle and the Valentine Park.
This popular park extends along the left bank of the river Po at the foot of the hills. It is very close to the centre of town, and old: the park was opened in 1630 and later completed in 1660.
In 1864 it was redesigned with a better layout of avenues and lanes, little woods, artificial dales, a small riding-track and a mini-lake, later dried out and used as skating rink during the Winter season.
The Castle is no doubt the whole park’s most famous building, and dates back to the early 16th Century.
Before going back to Milan by minivan, if you want to close the day with an unique experience, you can climb in hot-air balloon at 150 mt of height (on demand) and enjoy another breathtaking view of Turin and its beautiful surroundings.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off in Milan
- Transfers by private air-conditioned minivan (or car on demand)
What’s Not Included
- Tour guide (on demand)
- Roundtrip ferry-boat through the Po river
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees to attractions